My Great War Cry Against Sin

We read one of many verses about the importance of slaying the sin that still dwells within us.

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. (1 Corinthians 9:27 KJV).

See also also Colossians 3:5.

To that end, I strive to slay the sin in me. I pray constantly to the Lord for the Spirit's help in sinning less against Jesus today than I did yesterday.

Sometimes, when I feel strong (boastful?) I think my war cry against sin looks and sounds like this:




But I am such a puny human! Most days I am sure that my ferocious war cry really just looks and sounds like this:



Praise the Lord for His strength, His constant love, and His faithfulness in keeping us in His hand!


Comments

Post a Comment