Kay Cude poetry: Walking in the Light


Kay Cude is a Texas poet. Used with permission. Artist's statement below. Click to enlarge.

For too many years I had little concept of what "walking in the Light of Christ" actually meant, even less what it involved! And for those countless years, even though I attended Sunday school and church, I somehow missed the "truth" about that walk! It was made real to me when I finally realized that my flesh was in control of "my" journey. "My way" had led me into years of Biblical ignorance and error and opened the door to deception. What a shock it was when I realized where I was spiritually...

We must each reach that defining point in our lives when we really desire to understand, believe and act upon these TRUTHS: 
"The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately sick; who can understand it?" (Jeremiah 17:9)

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:13-14)

Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you-- unless indeed you fail the test? (2 Corinthians 13:5)

..."If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;" (John 8:31)

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6:12)

"THY WORD IS A LAMP UNTO MY FEET, AND A LIGHT UNTO MY PATH." (Psalm 119:105)




Comments