Following the Lord's path

EPrata photo. Campobello Island, New Brunswick, Canada

Comments

  1. What a wonderful picture to highlight the verse! The first thing that came to mind on seeing the verse with your beautiful photo was a quote from C.S. Lewis in "The Last Battle": "I have come home at last. This is my real country. I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now...Come further up, come further in!" Yes, LORD, teach me your ways! I love your Word.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget my favorite part!

      "There was a real railway accident," said Aslan softly. "Your father and mother and all of you are - as you used to call it in the Shadowlands - dead. The term is over: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended: this is the morning."
      And as He spoke He no longer looked to them like a lion; but the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them. And for us this is the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All their life in this world and all their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read; which goes on forever; in which every chapter is better than the one before.

      I recommend anyone to read the end of the world sequence starting in chapter 13, it's beautiful

      Delete
  2. My church has an AWANA program, and I am a "listener" for 3rd graders which means I listen to the verses they are supposed to memorize to make sure they get them right. This is one of the verses I've heard over and over through the years, but I never get tired of hearing it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment