He is risen!

Our precious Lord, powerful and omniscient, the Alpha and the Omega, is alive! He is not in the tomb, but continuing His incarnation, but at this time, as glorified and eternal Prophet, Priest and King!!

"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him, endured the cross, and despised the shame, and is set at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:2)

"John to the seven Churches which are in Asia, Grace be with you, and peace from him, Which is, and Which was, and Which is to come, and from the seven Spirits which are before his Throne," (Revelation 1:4).

I can't say enough about our Jesus, who conquered death and sin and hell, so I will let the bible tell us about Him. Here are just a few of the titles and honors bestowed upon Him! The Blue Letter Study Bible lists the Names, Titles, and Characters of Jesus Christ. There are over 200! They list the scriptures with them so you can see, and also click to read in context.

Here are just a very few of my favorites. Who ever gets tired of the name of Jesus? No Christian! We boast in HIM! We glory in HIM! His deeds! His works! His name!

The Son of the Highest - Luke 1:32
Our God and Savior - 2 Peter 1:1
Emanuel, God with us - Matthew 1:23
I am (before Abraham was) John 8:58
The Almighty, which is, and which was, and which is to come - Revelation 1:8
The Creator of all things - Colossians 1:16
The Upholder of all things - Hebrews 1:3
The Beginning - Colossians 1:18
The Beginning and the Ending - Revelation 1:8
The Alpha and the Omega - Revelation 1:8
The First and the Last - Revelation 1:17
The Life - 1 John 1:2
Eternal Life - 1 John 5:20
He that liveth - Revelation 1:18

All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name!


Comments

  1. Jehova Nissi ~God is our banner...Hold His name high! ~Jesus said "It is finished"...Death has no hold on us now...WE WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happens to be one of the hymns I like the most -- I can't watch the video in Google Chrome (it's my laptop's fault, as far as I know), but I think I recognize the thumbnail--if this is the high-tempo, all-chorus version with electronic accompaniment, then this is the one I've jammed to many times.

    'The chosen seed of Israel's race He ransomed from the Fall; hail Him who saves you by His grace and crown Him Lord of all'

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings, Elizabeth the Watchman. I too can not get enough our Jesus and I am anxiously waiting for His return.

    I have a book with 365 names of God and I am sure there are even more.

    I hope you had a blessed Resurrection Day celebration.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment