My biography: An interview via email

Today is the day the Apocalypse This zine goes on sale at the Nottingham Zine Fair. I was asked to contribute a piece for the magazine. Here is the backstory. Below is the Bio I was asked to write for the zine.

 ------------------

question 1- About me:

My name is Elizabeth Prata: I am a 51 year old writer and photographer who was born and bred in New England but moved to Georgia a few years ago. I have been a teacher for a good portion of my professional life. I have my Masters degree in Literacy Education. In addition to blogging, I also worked as a freelance journalist for three newspapers (one daily and two weeklies).

question 2- Why did I create a blog about the end of the world?

Shortly after I became a Christian at age 43, I decided to put my degree and my writing skills to work for Jesus, and share the Good News that He saves. I started the blog because I want non-believers to know what is ahead for them if they don’t turn to Jesus and ask him to forgive their sins, and for believers to be comforted by these words of His coming. (1 Thess 5:11, 1 Thess 4:18).

question 3- “There are a lot of people out there who are preparing themselves for the destruction of the planet by building bunkers etc, but if it is the will of God that the world should end, then by trying to survive are we going against God?”

It is the plan of God that the world will end. It is ‘the will of the Father that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:40). The Bible tells us first, those who believe on the Son are within His will, and are to worry for nothing on this earth. He will provide for us. (Matthew 6:25-34). He provided manna for the Israelites every day in the desert. He provides for His children. Not hoarding shows Him we trust Him to carry out His promises. Secondly, He told Christians we’re not destined for wrath, and the Apocalypse is a time of wrath. So, we won’t even be here. The point is to share money and stuff He gives us with people as much as possible, now. Not to hoard it: “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.” (Matthew 6:19). Christians who do store up are a poor witness, and non-Christians who store up are doing what they feel is best for them and their families, so who can blame them? However they will find that in the end their bunkers do them no good. Jesus is bigger than a bunker.

question 4- Is 2012 the end?

There are two answers. Is this the year of the beginning of the prophesied 7-year Apocalypse? Certainly it is coming closer every day. No one knows for sure though. However, it is not the end of the world. The Bible says that the earth continues for 1000 years after the 7-year Apocalypse. This is called the Millennial Kingdom. THEN the earth is destroyed. It melts away in a fervent heat. (2 Peter 3:10). After that? There will be a new earth. (2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1).

Only God knows what we will be doing on the New Earth. But it will be good, whatever it is!


Comments

  1. I really like your "short" autobiography; thanks for sharing that! I appreciate your articles very much, and appreciate your love of our LORD Jesus. Thank you for sharing the Good News!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment