Gaddafi's death predicted in 1987: off by only 83 days

The 1987 sitcom "Second Chance" premiered for only one season. In this clip, Gaddafi meets St. Peter.



This was a terrorist, a killer, and a murderer of innocent people. The UK Daily Sun has a full front page photo of dead Gaddafi's head with the blaring headline, "THIS IS FOR LOCKERBIE!"

Lockerbie was an incident that happened in 1988. Lockerbie is known internationally as the place where the wreckage of Pan Am Flight 103 crashed after a bomb exploded during the flight. In the United Kingdom the event is often referred to as the Lockerbie disaster, the Lockerbie bombing, or simply Lockerbie. Eleven residents of the town were killed in Sherwood Crescent, where the plane's wings and fuel tanks plummeted in a fiery explosion, destroying several houses and leaving a huge crater, with debris causing damage to a number of other buildings nearby. The 270 victims (259 on the plane and eleven in Lockerbie) were citizens of twenty-one different nations. The bomb, killing all 243 passengers and 16 crew members. Eleven people in Lockerbie, in southern Scotland, were also killed when plane parts fell on them.

Libya, and Gaddafi, were behind it. They admitted it in 2003 when they sent a letter to he UN admitting responsibility (but not guilt). It was noted that the language of the letter contained no remorse for the victims. The motive was that Libya was angry with the US Navy. For these and other murderous and horrific acts long remembered, the world is breathing a sigh of relief that the crazy dictator is dead.

I had written earlier today about Gaddafi's death, and quoted Joel Rosenberg's notation that Gaddafi had called himself the "king of kings." Of course, bible students will know that the title is reserved for Jesus only, and right now Gaddafi is realizing his eternal mistake.

But this post is about the bigger mistake, and the bigger mercy. While the human side of me wants to engage in a little Schadenfreude, as did the UK Daily Mail, and in seeing the unique justice "St. Peter" enjoined upon Gaddafi in the sitcom clip, I must refrain. Gaddafi's bigger mistake is that if he had repented, he, too, would have been welcomed into heaven. Really? Yes.

Gaddafi was a sinner, like us, who are sinners. All sins are crimes against God, and all sins had been pardoned at the cross. The big mistake was that Gaddafi had not accepted that pardon for sins and thus believing on the One God had sent: Jesus. (John 6:29)

The bigger mercy is that God forgives crazy dictators as much as He forgives ...you and me. Because Gaddafi refused Jesus's authority and forgiveness, he will spend eternity in hell. Just as any person will.

So often people use evil people like Hitler or Gaddafi as a benchmark against which they compare their own 'goodness.' They say, "I'm a good person. I will go to heaven. Not like that crazy dictator Gaddafi. He was really bad!" Well God's justice is over all, including the small as well as the great.

Rev 20:12 says "And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books." But just as Gaddafi and others who refused Christ will be judged, He is merciful to one and all as well:

"and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus. It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all. Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life." (1 Timothy 1:14-16.)

I hope you are one of those who comes to Jesus. Realize that if you don't, you will share the exact same fate as Muammar Gaddafi.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this post with me!!!

    I am so thankful to God that I returned to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ when I did!!!

    If you would like, I'd sure be happy if you stopped in for a visit to my blog!!!

    God's blessings to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was definitely a conniving and a man that had his eye set on evil but the circumstances around his death are just weird to me. Also, the western takeover is just extremely odd also.

    Anyway, He's gone and it was his time but I just know with him gone, another piece of prophecy is being set up in that area.

    The worst thing will always be that he died without Christ. It's amazing to think that if he cried out to Christ for salvation, he would have been saved instantly no matter what. So sad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anonymous,

    It doesn't seem really weird to me how he died...a violent man met a violent end. I agree with what you said about another piece of prophecy being set up. God's mercy is indeed great, He would have pardoned Gaddafi if he had but cried out in repentance, instead of remaining deluded and asking "the rebels dragging him out of the sewer in which he was hiding, "What have I done to you?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel no joy in Gaddifi's death, Elizabeth. Yes, he did terrible things. So have I if I am honest with myself. Thanks be to God our Savior, Jesus, that he called, I heard and responded. My question to you: How did St. Peter acquire the job of meeting people at the pearly gates? Do you know?

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. The job of Peter at the gate is a Catholic thing. he Papal coat of arms contain the keys of the office of St. Peter. The Keys of Heaven were, according to Christian tradition, received by Saint Peter from Jesus, marking Peter's ability to take binding actions. Thus, the Keys are seen as a symbol of Papal authority still to this day. "Behold he [Peter] received the keys of the kingdom of heaven , the power of binding and loosing is committed to him, the care of the whole Church and its government is given to him [cura ei totius Ecclesiae et principatus committitur

    From WIkipedia.So as they hold Peter as 'first pope' tradition holds that popes have the authority to usher people into the Kingdom. What gross blasphemy and usurpation of Jesus' power and Sovereign right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed, the Lord is not pleased with the death of the wicked. He died for all, but all do not accept Him. Very tragic. I remember when I was newly saved that a major drug kingpin had been found killed. THe headlines were about Pablo Escobar having been killed and I thought to myself, good, one less evil man but the Lord took me to His word that stated the Lord is not pleased with the death of the wicked. and I realized that we all have the sin within us that could make us "that evil person" and it is only His grace that we are not. Praise Him today for His wonderful Holy Spirit that got through to us and helped us to receive Him while there was still time. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another comment I have is after viewing that clip about St. Peter and Gaddafi, is how weird is it that the piece was labeled with the date of July 29, 2011. I don't want to get too deep in conspiracy theories, however, it could seem like the "powers that be" had a plan all along. Also, when in the video Gaddafi is being told to go down to hell, the audience cheers and that shows me how we all need to remember again, that indeed, the Lord is not pleased with the death of the wicked as He shed His blood for them as well. The only one I believe we should cheer upon his demise will be the enemy (Satan) as Jesus died for humans, not fallen angels and his was the utmost rebellion...at his demise we will truly cheer. Amen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment